If you love chocolate and mint, then you will love these cupcakes. They are so delicious and light and since they are frosted with yummy mint green frosting they are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
(Makes up to 24 cupcakes)
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients called for on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Andes mints
- Green food coloring
- Make cake batter according to box instructions. Evenly divide into cupcake liners.
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions. Allow to cool in pans 15 minutes before frosting.
- To make frosting, use an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, scraping down sides of bowl between additions.
- Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, and then mix in both peppermint and vanilla extracts.
- For mint green color, add 6-8 drops of green food coloring into the frosting until you reach your desired shade of green.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with an Andes mint.
These cupcakes look so pretty when they are done and they will be a huge hit on St. Patrick’s Day.