When the seasons begin to change, do you love to switch up the house to reflect it? Spring is the perfect time to add splashes of yellow, green, and pinks. Nothing makes a home more warm and welcoming than some unexpected pops of color to draw the eye in and add some interest to a room. Of course changing anything around in a home can be costly, and you can quickly put yourself into debt if you are not careful with how you go about it.
Luckily, there are lots of great ways to usher in the new spring season in your home without having to tap into your equity to do so! Take a look at a few of these ideas that will help you add some pops of spring color without going into a redecorating overhaul. They are all quite simple to do, and you can use materials you may already have around the house. Take a peek!
1. Change up your textiles. Add a colorful throw to your bed or a chenille blanket to your sofa. A warm yellow or cool green is perfect for inviting the season in and you will stay cozy on those cool spring nights at the same time. Pretty and practical!
2. Dote on your towels. A new spring themed hand towel can really perk up a bathroom or kitchen. These seasonal linens are available at most dollar stores for just buck! While you are at it, replace your table runners and place mats with colorful dollar store finds.
3. Bring the outside in. Arrange a colorful vase of forsythia branches or spring foliage on your dining room table. It is cheaper than buying fresh flowers and still adds some rustic ambiance! You can even add willow branches or twigs for an extra twist.
4. Add a fresh coat of paint. Why not freshen up a tired wall with a coat of paint? You don’t have to do the whole room, just choose an accent wall. You will be amazed at the difference it makes!
5. Freshen up your accents. The same principal can be applied to accent chairs or shelving you might have. A coat of a white or pastel colored paint is simple to do and really makes a space feel cozy. Use what is leftover from your accent wall or pick up a paint sample at most stores for just a few dollars.
6. Add a rug. A woven rug added by the front door offers a warm welcome to guests and a place for damp spring feet. You can purchase a new entry way rug at stores such as Target or Walmart for less than $20.00
7. Add some glow. A simple candle adds color, light, ambiance, and fragrance! Put all of those Glade candles to use that you stocked up over the months and add light and fresh fragrance. Something floral would be perfect!
8. Have fun with fruit. Fresh fruit is starting to come in season and can add an instant splash of bright color. Arrange a bowl of apples or lemons on your coffee table, at an entry way, or even place a few in the dining room. They add a bold pop of color and character.
9. Use books for more than just reading. Hit your local thrift store for colorfully bound books. Arrange them in stacks on your shelving or fireplace mantel. They add color, charm, and can be grabbed for a quick read when someone wishes to! My store sells books for less than $1.00 each, so you can really offer a lot of bang for your buck.
10. Twinkle away! A strand of white twinkle lights across a shelf, a mantle, or even gathered up in a jar offer color and warmth. My local dollar store sells strands of these for just a buck! They offer some quick and whimsical color to a room and for a dollar, you can’t beat the price!
So as the spring season arrives, gather a few inexpensive supplies and add some color to your home! Your home will feel warm and inviting, and you will get the feeling of a fresh new space without going into debt doing so! This is a great time of year to play with pastels, whites, pinks, yellows, and other colors you may not normally have in your home. Have fun with it, and experiment with different hues and styles!