Warmer weather is finally here and it’s time to start thinking about yummy salads to pair with main courses. Here’s a delicious and frugal recipe for Broccoli and Grape salad. It goes really well with any meat from the grill!
Broccoli and Grape Salad Recipe
- 5 cups chopped raw broccoli
- 2 cups red grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- dash of salt and pepper
- Wash and dry your produce, chop the broccoli and onions. Cut the grapes in half.
- Mix in a large bowl and stir in the sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk the mayo, milk, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over the top of the salad mix. Stir till well coated. Salt and pepper to taste.
The best part about this recipe is that you can eat it right away or cover it and put in the refrigerator and let the flavors blend before eating (stir before you eat, the dressing tends to gather on the bottom of the bowl). Enjoy!