Easter is right around the corner and one of my favorite things to snack on is Cadbury Creme Eggs. I wish I could find them year round! This recipe for Cadbury Creme Cupcakes is really festive and will make all kids smile (even big kids)! Most of these ingredients are very inexpensive and often you can even find coupons for them. I bet you’ll even find a great deal on the Cadbury Creme Eggs at CVS, Walgreens or Rite Aid.
CADBURY CRÈME EGG CUPCAKES (Makes up to 24 cupcakes)
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients called for on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Cadbury Crème Eggs (1 per cupcake)
- Food coloring (optional)
1, Prepare cake batter according to box instructions.
2. Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full and place a Cadbury Egg (thick side first) down inside the batter
3. Bake cupcakes according to box instructions. Allow to cool in pans 15 minutes before frosting.
4. To make frosting: use an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla frosting. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
5. Add food coloring (optional) to create desired color.