I was so tired of my recipes being shoved on a shelf in my kitchen cabinets. Every time I looked for a recipe, I had to pull everything out, sort through bits of paper, recipe cards, notebooks and ripped out pages from magazines. It was driving me crazy!!! So, I decided to get organized and put a recipe binder together. Below you can print everything I designed so you can have a cute binder too. I printed in color but you could print in black and white (it just won’t be as pretty).
I’ve also included links to items that I purchased on Amazon to put my binder together. I would also suggest you look at Walmart and office supply stores to see if you can find them cheaper. If you already have a binder and you simply want to upgrade it and make it look prettier, then all you need to do is print the files below.
Materials to put binder together:
- 3 inch binder (I bought mine at Costco – but office supply stores often have great sales on them)
- Clear sheet protectors – I put recipes that I find in magazines or ones printed from the internet inside these protectors
- Clear Pocket Dividers (I used four packages) – These are a new find for me (I wish I had them when I put my coupon binder together)
- Plastic Recipe Card Protectors (I used one package) – I was able to put my printed recipe cards inside these protectors along with other recipe cards I had lying around (from magazines etc…)
Files to print:
- Recipe Binder Cover
- Section Inserts for the dividers: Part 1 and Part 2
- Recipe Cards: these fit inside the recipe card protectors
- Printed tabs for the dividers: PDF version and Word version
Instructions on how to put binder together:
- Place the title page underneath the plastic sleeve on the front of the binder.
- Then put the section inserts inside the clear pocket dividers.
- Place the printed tabs on the dividers tabs (I followed the order in which they printed).
- Place the plastic recipe card protectors and clear sheet protectors in each section.
- Write your recipes on the recipe cards and then place them inside the recipe card protectors in the appropriate sections.
- Put any loose recipes in the sheet protectors in the appropriate sections.