Do you ever get into a cooking rut? I feel like I constantly have the same dishes on rotation each week. My family has been trying to eat healthier but it can be so difficult to get away from the normal dishes that are easy to make.
I have been trying out different recipes that don’t take too long to make, which is a must for me during the week. However, these healthy recipes are either super labor intensive or boring and lacking flavor!!
I discovered a recipe that I am DYING to share with you! It is Cuban Pork Chops. These are packed full of flavor and are only 5 Weight Watchers points!!
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 6 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- 2 Teaspoons Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Pound Pork Chops
- Mix together half of the lime juice, chopped red onion, cilantro, and a dash of salt. Let sit for an hour, stir occasionally.
- In a large bag, marinate pork chops in olive oil, garlic, oregano, cumin, black pepper, and salt for about an hour.
- Pan fry marinated pork chops.
- Plate pork chops and garnish with onion mixture.
This plate is full of amazing flavor! Your family will be asking for it again. I served mine with fingerling potatoes but they would also be great with rice or a side salad. You will not be disappointed with this recipe!