Have you heard all of the buzz about tea tree oil lately? There has been a lot of talk about green tree oil, and how people are finding all sorts of uses for this this little bottle. The name itself suggests a product that is green and natural, but many people do not know all of the numerous uses and natural benefits this oil has to offer, and so, they steer clear of it.
Lucky you for, this post will tell you all about the uses for green tree oil! Green tree oil is sustainable, healthy, and best of all rather inexpensive! You don’t have to be rich to enjoy it, nor do you have to be a botanist to know how to use it correctly. Whew!
Looking for a medicine cabinet in a bottle? Green tree oil is it! Looking for an arsenal of cleaning supplies in a bottle? Green tree oil is it! Looking for flea remedies? Skin remedies? Green tree oil is it! Why not take a look at some of the amazing uses for tea tree oil? You just may be shocked!
Create the Perfect Antiseptic
- Use a few drops on cuts and burns, insect bites and blisters.
Lessen Those Awful Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Try using a few drops in the bath or add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
Treat Acne Once and for All
- A small dab on a cotton ball and applied to acne helps clear the skin. You can also add it to any facial wash you use.
Use as an Awesome Anti-fungal
- Apply several drops directly to affected areas for treating athlete’s foot.
Add Super Powers to your Shampoo
- Add Tea Tree to your shampoo for dandruff, dry or oily scalp, and itchy scalp. Use 10 drops to an 8 ounce bottle.
- Add 10-12 drops to a quart of water, keep in a spray bottle and use as needed to repel bugs.
Freshen Up Your Laundry
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to your washing machine before you add your clothing. It will freshen up your clothing and act as a disinfectant.
Control Yucky Mold and Must
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to a spray bottle of warm water and spray as needed to hard surfaces.
Create an all-purpose cleaner
- Just combine 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. To create a heavier duty scrub, mix the same solution with kosher salt to scrub bathtub and bathroom tiles.
Get Dishes Sparkling
- Adding a drop or two of Tea Tree oil to your soap dispenser in your dishwasher prior to adding soap. It will help to disinfect your dishes, as well as getting them clean.
Rid Your House of Nasty Pests
- When you find a line of ants, follow the line back to the point of entry. Place a few drops of Tea Tree oil where the ants are entering the house. This will deter the ants from returning through that same point of entry. Wiping down cupboards with a solution of Tea Tree oil and water will also deter roaches.
Relax and Unwind
- Tea tree oil can be added to massage lotions, ordinary lotions, or applied directly to the temples as an effective way to relax and unwind. It is often used in high end salons as a means of aromatherapy and relaxation!
So where do you find your own bottle of green tree oil? Online retailers such as Amazon offer high quality tea tree oil at great prices. An ounce will cost around $5, and although an ounce may not seem like a lot, a little does indeed go a long way! Check out some of the deals Amazon is offering on Green Tree oil here!
Most of the uses mentioned above only require a drop or two, so one bottle will will last you quite a few jobs. It is very important to note that when purchasing a bottle, make sure you buy an amber colored bottle, as the dark color will keep out sunlight and allow the oil to keep its potency. Avoid clear or opaque glass bottles. Also, a bottle that includes a dropper will make using it a whole lot easier and will keep you from wasting any!
As you can see, the benefits of tea tree oil are numerous, allowing you to stretch your dollar naturally! So let’s hear three cheers for green tree oil!