I need your help! This is what my husband picked from our tomato plants today. We might have our first frost tonight so we wanted to make sure we brought in any tomatoes that we could (hence the green tomatoes being picked too). We already have a freezer full of tomatoes that I cooked in the crock pot (to make chili and spaghetti sauce in the winter). I need your suggestions.Each bag has at least 100 tomatoes inside. What can I do with all these tomatoes?
Vicky shared a family recipe for homemade salsa – I am going to make this tomorrow!
- ?6 large seeded chopped peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups seeded chopped green peppers
- 1 cup seeded jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cider or wine vinegar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Combine tomatoes, peppers, onions, salt, garlic, and vinegar in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4 teaspoon head space and adjust the caps
- Process for 30 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Yields: 6 half pints or make fresh and store in refrigerator